Elizabeth Murphy, editor of A Matter of Spirit, talks about the intersection of Climate Change and Refugees. This podcast is part of IPJC's Laudato Si' Week and in remembrance of World Refugee Day 2016. To learn more about Climate Change and the Refugee Crisis, visit ipjc.org.
Inside AMOS: A Story for a Living Earth Economy by David Korten, A New America by Jose Antonio Vargas, Engendering New Life in Our Evolving Ecclesia by Mary Ellen Sheehan, IHM, A Grand Strategy for Evolving a New World by John L. Peterson, Different Shades of Green: A New Sustainability Story by Russ Pierson, Amid Media Megamergers, a Mosaic of Community Media Thrives by Amy Goodman and Denis Moynihan
- Listening at the Heart of Dialogue by William Isaacs
- Do Your Best and Leave the Rest to God by Gretchen Gundrum
- Listening to Become a Church of Mercy by John Whitney, SJ
- Interfaith Dialogue by Mary Kay Kantz and Mohammad Samarah
- Listening to Earth: A Contemplative Response by Sharon Zayac, OP
Inside AMOS: How Did We Get Here? What History Can Teach Us About Refugees by Todd Scribner; Year of Mercy: Welcoming Refugees by Gary Smith, SJ; The Syrian Refugee Crisis by Jen Smyers; Who Am I? An Unexpected Refugee's Story; Love Drives Out Fear, Not People by Marc Rugani; Refugees of Climate by Rhett Engelking.
- Women in the Church in the Age of Francis by Anne E. Patrick, SNJM
- The Call of the Church to Lead by Victoria Ries & Fr. James Eblen
- Raising Children in the Catholic Church: Effect of the Inequality of Women on Our Children
- Voices from Within
- Be Not Afraid by Gretchen Gundrum, PhD
- Ritual & Reflection
- Anatomy of Racism in the US by Guadalupe Guajardo, SNJM PhD & Kathleen Saadat
- Dismantling Racism by Patricia Chappell, SNDdeN & Anne-Louise Nadeau, SNDdeN
- Judge Deborah Thomas Sentences Young Offenders to More Education by Christine Dubois
- Black Lives Matter: Eliminating Racial Inequity in the Criminal Justice System by Nazgol Ghandnoosh, PhD
- The Church and Racism: A Voice Crying in the Wilderness by Clarence Williams, CPPS, PhD
- We Will Be Heard! A story about 67 Sueños
- 10 Things Everyone Should Know About Race--Reflection
- Unlocking a Nonviolent Future by Michael N. Nagler, PhD
- Trading In Binding Fear for Love in Action by Ken Butigan
- We Are Beloved by Nicolas Mele
- A Call to a Life of Nonviolence by Denny Duffell
- Ending the Spiral of Violence by Annapatrice Clarke
- Nonviolence in Colombia by Julia Duranti
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America by Lucy McBath
Be sure to read the original publication at www.ipjc.org
Listen to an audio recording of the Fall 2014 issue of our quarterly justice journal, A Matter of Spirit.
Theme: Immigration and Refugees
- The Humanitarian Crisis on the Border by Everard Meade, PhD
- An Undocumented Child’s Journey to the US
- Family Detention: Denying Dignity by Ashley Feasley
- TIMELINE: US Immigration Trends, Events and Migration Factors
- A Cry for Peace by Zerene Haddad
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform: At a Tipping Point?
- Call to Action on Immigration Reform
Listen to an audio recording of the Spring 2014 issue of our quarterly justice journal, A Matter of Spirit.
Theme: Climate Change
- "Kenosis, Climate Change & Christianity" by Sallie McFague, Ph.D.
- "Eco-System Economics" by James Gustave Speth
- "Human Health Vulnerabilities in a Warming World" by Timnit Ghermay, M.D.
- "The Climate Crisis: Breaking out of Pleasantville" by Guy Dauncey
- Stories of Hope
- Path to Paris
- Stories of Climate Refugees